Mission statement Beyondbun
PLAYTIME SHOULD BE FUN, SAFE AND AFFORDABLE WITHOUT COSTING THE EARTH!
By making toys out of recycled materials of course !
Recycled poly fleece (rPET) is made from discarded water bottles and is a fantastic soft and sustainable material.
AS CLEAN AS IT IS CUTE
HOW DOES THAT WORK ?
- Well, first we collect plastic that otherwise would have ended up in our oceans or landfills;
- Then the bottles are broken down into small flakes;
- After being washed the flakes are melted into a paste and new yarns are pulled;
- Finally, it's reprocessed into soft and resistant recycled polyester yarn (rPET), ready to be spun and knitted into the softest earth friendly toys.
What's The Impact ?
Besides diverting plastic from ending up in the oceans, recycled polyester is one of the greenest and least energy consuming materials you can buy. The numbers below are compared to a virgin polyester (non recycled).
EARTH FRIENDLY DYES
FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council. FSC promotes environmentally sound, socially beneficial, and economically prosperous management of the world’s forests.
LET'S ACT TOGETHER
- PERNILLE BROSTRUP, FOUNDER